We currently have openings available for what we believe is one of the most important positions within our organization, working as a support to families who have a child with special needs within their home. This position, as Family Coach, assists families in reaching their goals and is supervised by a multi-disciplinary clinical team. A successful candidate will be energetic, have experience working with special needs children or demonstrate a willingness to learn. Hours for this position will vary but do occur between Monday and Friday.
Family Coaches will:
- Teach families (i.e., parents/caregivers, siblings and special needs child) in their home setting
- Work with clinicians to implement an ISP (Individual Support Plan) for the family
- Focus on development of parent/caregiver skills in the home
- Develop a relationship and rapport with all members of the family
- Assist in preparation of learning activities
- Communicate with the clinical
- A Degree or Diploma and/or experience in a related field such as Rehabilitation, Psychology, Early Childhood, Special Education, Social Work or Child Development is preferred. Students currently enrolled in Post-Secondary Education in a related discipline are also eligible.
- Current Police Information Check and Child Intervention Record Check will be required
Please express your interest in the position by sending your resume to Ngele Ekwalanga, Family Coach Coordinator, email: email@example.com