Join us for our new friendship skill development group!
This group is meant for young children and their parents to learn and practice in a group setting, the important social thinking skills that will help the child to understand and relate to other kids their own age and will provide parents with the concepts and vocabulary to assist their child in developing these relationships. Children and their parents will participate in a fun group situation, where they will learn new social concepts each week
Groups will be run by a Speech-Language Pathologist an Occupational Therapist, and an Early Intervention Specialist.
• Monday nights, from 5:00pm -6:30pm
• The group runs once per week for 8 weeks
• Sessions occur at the Ability4Good office
• Adult to child ratio will be 1:4
Who is this program for?
This program is meant for children who are preschool-aged to grade 1 (older children may also be considered), who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, or who have difficulties in understanding and relating to others. To benefit from this program children should:
• Be able to participate in a group setting fairly independently (i.e., without behavioural challenges)
• Have normal or near normal verbal language skills
What is the fee?
• This program costs $420.00
• Group medical benefits may also be used (for Speech-Language Pathology or Occupational
Therapy services) – families are encouraged to contact their providers
327 41 Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E2N4
Click Here For Google Map & Directions