Ability 4 Good is a community-based service provider that is committed to enhancing the lives of people. We provide a wide range of services primarily home based with limited office-based programs for children and their families. We are currently looking for a part-time Behavior Consultant (up to 21 hours per week). The role will work with our creative and multi-disciplinary Edmonton Specialized Services Team. Our program provides services to children ages 2-17 years and their family with a play based approach. The work we do is unique, as it focuses not only on child development, but also on caregiver learning. We believe that this is the best way to ensure long term support for children and families.
· Utilize formal and informal assessment measures for clients in regards to their behavior, play and social skills as well as community participation
· Provide strategies in the areas of behavior management, transactional support and regulation.
· Create functional plans of action to work with the client and families on
· Collaborate with other members of a multi-disciplinary team (e.g., OT, PT, SLP) to accomplish service objectives
· Serve as a resource for other team members and families on behaviour-related issues
· Develop, implement, monitor and update program plans
· Model and teach strategies within a naturalistic, play-based model
· Develop and present workshops for community members, staff and families as needed
· Liaise with community partners that work with the child and the child’s family (e.g., school)
· Make recommendations for service needs to Family Support for Children with Disabilities
· Graduate degree in psychology, social work or related field from an accredited institution
· Registration with a professional association preferred but not required
· Valid drivers’ license/vehicle and ability to travel to families' homes
· Current criminal record check and child/youth intervention check
· Two years’ experience working with children on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities an asset
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent compensation that meets or exceeds the HSAA grid, based on training and experience
· Opportunities for professional development
Please submit your resume in confidence to:
Sherry Hiebert-Keck, Clinical Director
We thank all applicants for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.