We currently have openings available for what we believe is one of the most important positions within our organization, working as a support to families who have a child with disabilities within their home. This Child Development Facilitator assists children in reaching their goals, which are set up and supervised by a multi-disciplinary clinical team. A successful candidate will be energetic, have experience working with children or demonstrate a willingness to learn. Hours for this position will vary but do occur between Monday and Friday between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. The Child Development Facilitator job requires a reliable vehicle as well as a license as the job requires travel between homes within Calgary and the surrounding areas.
Child Development Facilitator’s will:
- § Work in homes with children who have developmental disabilities
- § Work with clinicians to implement an ISP (Individual Support Plan) within client’s homes
- § Focus on development of the child’s skills within their natural environment
- § Develop relationship and rapport with the child and family members who participate in sessions
- § Assist in preparation of learning activities
- § Communicate and collaborate with the clinical team
Qualifications and Skills
A degree or diploma in a related field such as rehabilitation, psychology, early childhood, special education, social work or child development is required. Students currently enrolled in post-secondary education in a related discipline are also eligible. Experience working with children is also a bonus.
Job type: Part-Time
Current Police Information Check and Child Intervention Record Check will be required.
A reliable vehicle and license is required as the position involves travel within and around Calgary.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Child Development Facilitator Coordinator via email: email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!