Not Eligible for PDD? Now What? A Transition Resource Fair
There are a growing number of young individuals with disability that do not meet the eligibility criteria for Persons with Developmental Disability (PDD) supports. Foremost on mind of caregivers is the question “What do we do next?”. Transitioning into adulthood is not always limited to transitioning to adult services. It takes a vision with ideas, community resources and tools for community building, to co-develop a meaningful and inclusive life for the individual- the transition resource fair aims to facilitate just that.
What to expect?
- - Key Note Speaker: Mr. Cam Tait (He famously said: “Disabled? Hell no! I am a sit down comic”)
- - Community resources tabling at the event
- - Information sessions by experts on Navigating the System and Community Building
- - One-on-one CHAT sessions for caregivers in unique positions
- - Small-group Transition Planning sessions
- - Reflection Tools
- - Facebook Live reporting
- - Access to Gateway’s library of books and resources
- - Sensory Room to reflect and take a break; opt for a 15 minute massage
- - Hot beverages and snacks
Where and When?
- - Gateway Association #201, 10941 120 Street, Edmonton T5C3R3 [Accessible entrance is via 119 street]
- - March 24th from 9 am – 4 pm
- - Attendees can come and go. There is no requirement to stay the whole day.
Where can I get more details?
- See attached poster
- Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/not-eligible-for-pdd-now-what-a-transition-resource-fair-tickets-90810010185
- Gateway Association Newsletter for an updated agenda (email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe)
- Gateway Facebook Page for an updated agenda https://www.facebook.com/events/125980688576707
- Your FSCD Caseworker