Ability 4 Good is a community-based service provider that is committed to enhancing the lives of children and families. We provide in home services utilizing a play-based approach along with community aide facilitated group programs, respite and Triple P Parenting programs. The work we do is unique, as it focuses not only on child development, but also on caregiver learning. We believe that this is the best way to ensure long term support for children and families.
We are currently recruiting a full time Occupational Therapist to work with our creative and multi-disciplinary Specialized Services Team as well as our Behavioral Developmental Aides.
Applicants who are independent and self-motivated, with strong teamwork and communication skills are encouraged to apply. We are looking for applicants who have the flexibility and innovative thinking required to provide high-quality services to a culturally diverse caseload.
· Assess child’s strengths and needs in motor development, sensory processing and modulation
· Promotion of independence in play, social skill development and daily living
· Develop occupational therapy goals as part of a multidisciplinary service plan
· Implement occupational therapy intervention, role model to parents and coach Aides
· Complete progress reports and other relevant documentation
· Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to accomplish service goals and objectives
· Liaise with community organizations and school therapy teams as appropriate
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution
· Current registration with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
· Experience working with children on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities
· SOS Feeding experience would be an asset
· Ability to work flexible hours as clients receive services after school
· Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent compensation that meets or exceeds HSAA grid, based on training and experience
· Opportunities for professional development
Please submit your resume in confidence to:
Sherry Hiebert-Keck, Clinical Director
We thank all applicants for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted