Ability 4 Good is a community-based service provider that is committed to enhancing the lives of children and families. We provide in home services utilizing a play-based approach along with community aide facilitated group programs, respite and Triple P Parenting programs. We are currently recruiting a part-time Physiotherapist to work with our creative and multi-disciplinary Specialized Services Team as well as our Behavioral Developmental Aides. Time commitment would be 5-8 hours per week.
The majority of our clients are children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disorders. Applicants who are independent and self-motivated, with strong teamwork and communication skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have the ability to develop and implement service plans in collaboration with both the families and the members of the multidisciplinary team. We are looking for applicants who have the flexibility and innovative thinking required to provide high-quality services to a culturally diverse caseload.
The work we do is unique, as it focuses not only on child development, but also on caregiver learning. We believe that this is the best way to ensure long term support for children and families.
- § Assess child’s strengths and needs in gross motor development
- § Develop physical therapy goals as part of a multidisciplinary service plan
- § Implement physical therapy intervention, including teaching parents and supervising therapy aides
- § Complete progress reports and other relevant documentation
- § Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to accomplish service goals and objectives
- § Liaise with community organizations and school therapy teams as appropriate
- § Undergraduate or graduate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution
- § Current registration with Physiotherapy Alberta College + Association
- § Experience working with children on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities
- § Valid drivers’ license/vehicle and ability to travel to families' homes
- § Current criminal record check and child/youth intervention check
- § Ability to work flexible hours as clients receive services after school
- § Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- § Excellent compensation that meets or exceeds the HSAA grid, based on training and experience
- § Opportunities for professional development
Sherry Hiebert-Keck, Clinical Director via email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.